|Spinning cranks up the heart rate. The metabolism responds to the intensity of the workout as it climbs up to the range of a highly tuned sports car. The greatest benefit to cranking up the heart rate and your metabolism is that it stays high for hours, and burns fat all day. Spinning combines cardiovascular training (aerobics) with resistance training (weight lifting). Through the use of the stationary bike, spinning uses the larger muscle groups in the body and thus is a high calorie burner and a very effective fat burner. It offers a low impact workout that minimizes stress to the joints and bones. Spinning is easy! No complex dance moves… just revving up the sweat! |
• You control the resistance on your bike to make the pedaling as easy or difficult as you choose. Constant adjustment is normal.
• All you’ll need is workout clothes, a hand towel, and a water bottle.
• Spin® bikes have toe clips so you can wear regular sneakers. But also have the clip–in as well, that works with Shimano-style SPD cleats.
• Members may reserve a bike anytime the day before the scheduled class time. You can register in person or by phone.
• Non-Members who have paid for access to unlimited Spinning classes may reserve a bike anytime the day before the scheduled class time. You can register in person or by phone.
• Non-Members who have not paid for access to unlimited Spinning classes may walk-in at class time to see if a bike is available and pay the walk-in fee.
• Members may only register for themselves and one family WCC member living in the same household and cannot “give your bike away” to anyone else besides a family WCC member living in the same household. We have people on waiting lists so it is only fair to offer them the opportunity first if you or a family member cannot attend the class.
• You must call in to cancel if you are unable to attend. We follow a “three strikes and you are out” policy. If you do not call to cancel, after the third time you will be unable to reserve a bike ahead of time for a period of one month.